Tuesday, September 29, 2009

[wanderlust]

::wanderlust::
a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about.

Today I just want to jump on a train and go somewhere.

Today.


Grab my suitcase with a few clothes, put my camera on my back, and just go.

I don't want to leave. Leaving is different than going. When you leave, you may not come back. But when you go, it's just going. And I would come back, of course... someday.

Right now, though, I just want to go.

but i can't

I have work to do here, now, in this place. I can't leave, and I can't go.

Not yet, at least.



I wonder why I am so ready to go, so ready to jump up and move on to the next thing?

Ready to go, ready to travel, ready to explore, ready to wander.

"Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love."

I guess the "traveler's itch" isn't always a good thing, is it? I suppose that maybe I need to learn to sit and rest more often, learn to enjoy the staying, as well as the going.

So I'm trying to sit down and rest as I wait, instead of standing by the railroad tracks, waiting for the train. I'll probably enjoy the waiting more if I rest while I do it.



[photos by the amazing Hannah Copeland, aka, "Moose"]

No comments:

ShareThis