Tuesday, July 21, 2009

And we're off!



Current location: Baltimore-Washington International Airport
Time to final destination: 43+ hours
Hours of sleep last night: 5
Current level of caffeine: just barely enough
Books in my carry-on:
Fast Track Photographer, by Dane Sanders
The Gospel for Real Life, by Jerry Bridges
Tribes, by Seth Godin
Hope in the Dark, by Jeremy Cowart and Jena Lee
Weight of my carry-on: [I refuse to weigh it]
Song on my iPod: Conversations, by Sara Groves

I'm on my way to Kenya. And I'm ready for it.

God has done some amazing things in my heart in the past two days, and I know that where I am is where I'm supposed to be. In Baltimore right now, in Detroit in three hours, in Amsterdam and then in Nairobi and then on a six-hour bus ride to our final destination in Mombasa.

I don't have words to express my thoughts and feelings. I know it will be good. I know that God will take my heart and break it for His love. I know that I will age years over the course of the next three weeks. I know that I will be changed.

I'm on my way to Kenya. And I'm ready for it.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Wow. Amazing. I hope it is an amazing time.

43 hours is a long long time....praying for you!! If you have layovers...sleep. For some reason, when ever I have been outside the country, I never sleep on the plane...but at the airports. Weird.

Amy Vest Cox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Vest said...

Praying for you, dear friend! May the Lord accomplish all of His heart in this time... I will stay posted! Hugs!

P.S. Sorry I deleted my first comment. :)

ShareThis