Friday, August 21, 2009

New Rings


Two days ago my mother came into my office, practically skipping with delight. She giddily announced that Dad was taking her ring shopping. They've been married for 25 years. Mom's ring was getting smaller, and Dad wore his ring down to the point that it snapped off.

I think it's a beautiful thing when a marriage outlasts its' rings. I think it's even more beautiful that my parents are far more in love today than they were twenty-five years ago.

They are incredible examples to me. Their love finds it's strength, it's foundation, and it's application in the Gospel of Christ. They daily live out the verse, "We love because He first loved us."

1 comment:

lydia thronton said...

hmm.. the hand shot it def my favorite :)

sitting my room listening to a russian chic sing about love. thinking about you friend... :)

ShareThis